Friday, May 31, 2013

Light Em Up, Up,Up!

 I've been losing sleep these past few days because I am over thinking my driver's test for next week. It's a bit ridiculous that I'm panicking over this since a lot of people have failed it and re took the test probably about two to three more times. But somehow I'm just so afraid . I got the whole parking and three point thing down but I'm still having trouble with coming down from the bukit and I'm just so well damn paranoid if the car starts jerking and suddenly dies out sometime during the test, especially the jalanraya one. I'm also paranoid that I might tip over on to the double line when beginning my test and I just end up failing the whole thing miserably. I'm also afraid that I might accidentally hit a pole during my parking and three point turn test and etc....... So as you can see I'm really freaking out here.
   I really want to get it over with so the relatives would stop asking questions and give me funny looks when I tell them I haven't gotten my driver's permit yet. Another worrisome thing is that I haven't registered for college yet! But most probably I'm going to Taylor's. I have accepted the fact that I'll most probably end up doing a degree locally since my parents have shelled out quite a lot for my sister so she could go to the US.
    I'm also having trouble sleeping as of late because I received a new temporary room mate in the form of my mum because my brother's home and he's currently sleeping in my parent's room with my dad. I don't get why he has to sleep in there considering he already has his own room right above mine -_-. Now I know what your thinking (like anyone ever reads this blog, psshh...) "What's so bad about having your mum sleep in the same room as you? It's not like she snores or anything...." Well, to be quite honest, that is what she exactly does..........................she snores...........................................................................loudly...............
I love my mum and all of that she has done for me but it's pretty difficult to get pass that when you're trying to sleep away all the crazy in your head. But to be quite fair I am a late sleeper...... But I'm trying my best to overcome this weird pseudo-ish insomnia like I've stopped taking naps during the day, cutting caffeine, exercising a bit more but it seems to not really work. I'm also trying to read more of the Quran and doing night prayers (like solat hajat) when I can't sleep.  So I guess there is an upside to it. The other day I saw someone put up a quote on FB, it said:


     "When you're having problems, the Quran is the best means of relevant and personal advice directly from Allah."

- Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

 I'm not sure if it was sign from Allah SWT but I'm gonna treat it like it is and hopefully I can commit to reading it more often. :-) 

No comments: