Saturday, December 19, 2009

Koe wo kikasete (let me hear your voice)

Still in London but not so cold this time. Went to this market called Portobello which was a great shopping experience. Had all sorts of great junk and souvenirs. I wanted to get some for mah buddies (if you've had a conversation with me for more than 5 minutes for more than a month than yes your my buddy) but didn't know what to get and didn't really had that much time. So over there I bought ler warmers and 2 vintage novels. I luv vintage items. ( Please know in mind that i'm telling all these unecessary things just to fill in this entry) But I didn't blog to tell u what I did while u people count the days till mr. sah comes in as our new english teacher (seriously) but instead to tell u what I had discovered on recently. So yesterday I cried because I couldn't find a pair of boots to fit my gigantular feet. I know what your thinking, I thought of the same thing: who cries over a pair of boots they cannot find? Then i realised, it was because everybody else around me had them. My sister, my cousin and the entire overly glamorous women community of london. I couldn't help myself but just to fit in eventhough I enjoyed being different from the rest. I felt completely ugly, I thought by owning a pair of boots I would feel special, happy, pretty. But instead it would just blind me from truly finding whom I really am, from knowing if I'm worth something, from really knowing if I am beautiful. Why do people do that anyway? Going to extremes just to get somebody to like them. I thought it will just provoke them to push us further away because they think their role in society is too important that they feel if they even approach someone supposedly beneath them they will lose respect, power, attention. Wouldn't it be easier if the government just ask their own country about ways to improve the community? No, because then some people will assume that the government feels hopeless, desperate and weak.Whatevs, lets just hope for the best then, zhai xie (spelling:P)
aida

No comments: