Friday, April 19, 2013

First Day

So I finally returned from my 2+ week trip to California with my mum and definitely will remain a memorable one (like seriously, I took over 400 photos in those 18 days). So since it's 5:32 am and I'm sort of jet lagged right now I thought it'll be a great idea to start blogging my experiences there. So this is how I'm gonna do it, I'm going to blog each adventure I had there separately with pictures to go along with it as not to confuse those who want to read it (like anyone reads this....pssh!). It will be in chronological order and it'll include some tips on how to get around. I won't be posting all of the pictures in here so if you my phantom readers want to see the full set, you're gonna have to go to my facebook page.
   Okay, so here it goes................. first day;
I arrived at LAX on the 29th of March (US time) around 10:00pm and it wasn't a good experience. My mum and I were pretty exhausted from the 18 hour flight so all we wanted to do was get to my sister's house and sleep but the exact opposite happened. We arrived at immigration and had to stand in line for almost an hour (because them Americans airport people are really strict about the people coming in you see) only to be greeted by the world's most grumpiest Japanese immigration officer (yup, he was japanese) who did little in helping us passing through (we didn't fill in a certain section of the immigration form and he being the useless prick he is repeatedly told us in a monotonous tone that "you didn't fill in the form completely...."   Uggh, so annoying!). So we had to ask help about that and filled the other requirements. We were then met with another (much nicer) immigration officer who asked us about our trip and my sister and where she lived and all which made me slightly happier. But all the happiness immediately diminished when we had to wait for probably another hour to get out of the airport because there was another check point we had to go through. This one requires us to declare the things we brought (includes food and wet stuff) with us to make sure it won't bring any harm to their precious country.

   After that we waited outside in the freezing cold for Abang Noor and his lovely girlfriend Marlene to show up with Iylia to take us to the apartment complex. They decided to buy us some Mexican food first which will eventually play a large part to my constant food cravings I had there ssooo yeah! We went to the apartment and hung out a bit and decided to give them (Abg Noor and Marlene's) gifts.
hanging at Iylia and her roomie's kitchen

Marlene trying out her new kebaya set we got her

My mum teaching Abang Noor how to pakai his kain sampin

view from outside le sister's apartment




  

No comments: