Sunday, March 3, 2013

The John Green book marathon.

                                          My ever growing John Green book collection.
    So I finished reading Looking For Alaska last night and thought that I should give a review today but then I remembered I was suppose to give another book review for The Fault In Our Stars quite some time ago but never really got to it which made me realise that I should probably just review back on all 3 of them once I finished with An Abundance of Katherines. His books have been pretty good so far and I've been pretty satisfied with my purchases. I'm considering to get his other 2 books Paper Towns & Will Grayson, Will Grayson (which David Levithan co-wrote) but that's for some other time.
   I'm also considering to read Interlok by Abdullah Hussain since I own a student copy that never met the light of day and I really need to hone my Malay vocabulary and grammar. My mum read it and she said she liked it so there's no issue there. You see, Interlok was suppose to be the novel we were suppose to read for the literature component of BM last year. But because of certain terms and phrases in the book that came off slightly offensive and racist, people protested the use of the novel as our reading material after a year the book was used at school and eventually the government decided to use back the previous novel for our BM literature component. By then I already bought the book and decided not to return it because my mum had already made dents and creases in the book.
  Sssssssssooooooooooooooo, yeah! I think that's about it. I'm still waiting for my learner's permit so I haven't really started any proper driving lessons yet and I'm pretty angry about it because everybody's posting pictures of their P license cards on Facebook and here I am.........

No comments: